[复制链接]

主题

帖子

2万

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2017-8-19 01:19:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
59970028145fd05f66868bf5.pdf (348.63 KB, 下载次数: 2)
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2017-8-19 03:29:41 | 显示全部楼层
Dear Editorial Board members,

I am writing to share with you some very concerning developments about access to the CQ in recent weeks.
Cambridge University Press has informed us that the GAPP (General Administration of Press and Publication [of China]) has recently sent them via their importer a list of over 300 CQ articles and book reviews to be pulled out from the CUP site in China. A similar request was made a few months ago regarding over a thousand e-books published by CUP, but journals had not been targeted until this list came through regarding the CQ. Most articles and reviews included in the list are about Tiananmen, the Cultural Revolution, Tibet, Xinjiang, Hong Kong, Taiwan etc, and they range from material published in the last months right back to the 1960s.
CUP inform us that they have blocked this material in China to avoid having their entire site shut down. According to CUP, this has already happened to several other publishers. However, none the other China studies journal editors I have contacted were aware of similar demands being made of their publishers regarding their journals.
Over the coming weeks we and CUP will issue a statement and develop a more detailed response and policy approach, but I wanted to make you
aware of the current situation. Our inquiries suggest that the CQ is the only major China studies journal to be subject to these measures but it is likely other journals will be affected in the near future.
If any of you are currently in China, it would be very helpful to know if you can access the CQ via the Cambridge Core website
(https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/china-guarterly) or via JSTOR (https://www.jstor.org/journal/chinaguarterly), inside or outside a university.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Tim Pringle

Editor
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|文革与当代史研究网

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 04:02 , Processed in 0.109253 second(s), 22 queries .